FLB: 2007 SS Rankings
1. Jose Reyes, Mets: Normally I'm not one to build my fantasy team around stolen-base specialists, and Reyes, the first player to swipe 60-plus bases in back-to-back seasons since Marquis Grissom in 1991-92, is indeed one of the most talented. But Reyes is so much more than just a speedster; he's quite a talented hitter, too, falling only one home run and three triples short of joining Willie Mays (1957) as the only players in history with at least 20 doubles, triples, home runs and stolen bases. Plus, there's reason to believe Reyes isn't done growing yet as a hitter. He's only 23, short of a player's typical power prime, and he nearly doubled his walk output in 2006, once considered a weak area. Reyes should easily challenge those totals again in 2007, and that makes him a bona fide first-round pick.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Matthew Berry: Love, hate and a requiem
- Karabell: Week 13 flex rankings
- Matthew Berry's fantasy football top 200 for Week 13
- Harris: Week 13 fantasy matchup tool