FLB Chat Wrap: Nov. 8
Updated: November 8, 2006, 12:10 PM ETBy Tristan Cockcroft | ESPN.com
- Tristan H. Cockcroft: (11:00 AM ET ) Good morning everyone! It's a long offseason, but never too early to begin preparing for fantasy baseball. Who's got a question? Dave, Chicago: What can kind of numbers do you expect from J. Barfield next year? Sophmore slump, or build on the great hot streaks his had? Tristan H. Cockcroft: (11:04 AM ET ) Keep in mind Josh Barfield endured some up-and-down periods as a minor leaguer, and with his moderately high strikeout rate, that seems pretty likely to happen as he adjusts to the majors. But I do think he'll continue to grow in 2007, as he showed some developing power the second half of 2006, and he'll turn 24 next month. I'd say a small bump up, he'll avoid the sophomore slump and be, say, a .275-18-70-25 kind of player with upside.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com