FLB: Rookie Report
- My column last week, "Bold Predictions for 2006," took a look at my picks for both leagues' Rookies of the Year. But that's just two first-year players; today, let's take a look at my projected top-five finishers in either league:
1. Ryan Zimmerman, 3B, Nationals: Apparently, power is not a problem for him, as he followed up the seven homers he hit in 25 spring games with a game-tying home run off Mets closer Billy Wagner on Wednesday. Zimmerman won't be a 30-homer man by any means, but he's capable of batting close to .300 and landing in the double digits in homers. Plus, he's hitting sixth, which could make him an underrated source of RBI.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- McKitish: Top FBA waiver-wire targets
- Stock Watch: Wood up; Davis down
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM