AL playoff homegrown rankings
The Rays are self made, and the Yankees produce far more talent than you think
Whenever a team brings in a new regime or even simply talks about how to improve a struggling franchise, much of the talk revolves around a commitment to scouting and player development. But how much do this year's playoff contenders practice what is often preached? Here is a ranking of the American League postseason participants, based on how much of their success is self-made.
To see what Kevin Goldstein says about the level of homegrown talent on the AL playoff teams, become an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Redskins' Cousins to start in place of RG III
- Sources: Texas' Brown poised to step down
- Tigers' Malzahn awarded Coach of the Year
- Source: Packers pessimistic Rodgers will play
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider MLB Content
- Antigua Men's New York Yankees Quarter-Zip Navy Ice Pullover