Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Heath Miller scored two touchdowns Monday night, giving him six in his first seven NFL games. The only other tight ends in NFL history to catch six TD passes in their first seven games in the league are Raymond Chester (1970 Raiders) and Eric Green (1990 Steelers).
• Ben Roethlisberger threw 30 passes on Monday, the first time that he has thrown that many passes in a game in two seasons in NFL. He had been the first quarterback since Terry Hanratty to have gone 18 starts into his NFL career without ever throwing 30 passes in a game. Hanratty had 18 starts in his NFL career (1969-76) and never had a 30-pass game.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Accuser lawyer blasts Winston investigation
- Fight leads to stabbings after Broncos game
- Packers' Rodgers won't play vs. Cowboys
- Yanks not angry at Cano, 'feel bad for him'