Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Alexander Ovechkin scored two goals Friday, giving him three multiple-goal games this October. That ties an NHL rookie record done six previous times, most recently by Luc Robitaille of the Kings in October 1986.
• The Flyers lost 8-6 to the Hurricanes. Philadelphia's all-time regular-season record when scoring six or more goals is now 405-10-7. Their last loss when scoring at least six goals was a 9-6 defeat by the Winnipeg Jets at the Spectrum on Oct. 23, 1993, a game in which Keith Tkachuk recorded his first career hat trick.
It was the third game this season in which each team scored at least six goals. In each of the past three seasons there were only two games like that in each season.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Emotional Thomas, Torre headline HOF class
- Gordon passes Kahne for fifth Brickyard win
- LeBron to go back to No. 23 for Cavs return
- Dodgers best Peavy, Giants to cap off sweep