Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
- A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports:NHL
• Alexander Ovechkin scored two goals Friday, giving him three multiple-goal games this October. That ties an NHL rookie record done six previous times, most recently by Luc Robitaille of the Kings in October 1986.
• The Flyers lost 8-6 to the Hurricanes. Philadelphia's all-time regular-season record when scoring six or more goals is now 405-10-7. Their last loss when scoring at least six goals was a 9-6 defeat by the Winnipeg Jets at the Spectrum on Oct. 23, 1993, a game in which Keith Tkachuk recorded his first career hat trick.
It was the third game this season in which each team scored at least six goals. In each of the past three seasons there were only two games like that in each season.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- Tiger surges up Doral leaderboard with 66
- Source: Phil considers Knicks front-office job
- Alvarez dispatches Angulo with TKO in 10th
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM