Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• The Penguins overcame a 4-0 deficit to snap a nine-game winless streak and record their first victory of the season with a 7-5 win over the Thrashers on Thursday night. They became the first team in NHL history to snap a single-season winless streak of seven or more games by overcoming a deficit of four or more goals.
Atlanta became the first team in NHL history to fail to win a game in which it built a 4-0 lead (or better) during the first 10 minutes of the opening period.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Baylor rolls UT for Big 12 crown, Fiesta trip
- Bell rallies OU, denies BCS bid for Okla. St.
- Ortiz: Yankees lost 'face of ballclub' in Cano
- D'Antoni: Kobe's minutes to be limited early