Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• The 2005 White Sox are the fifth team to win the World Series after occupying first place from "wire-to-wire" during the regular season. They join the 1927 Yankees, 1955 Dodgers, 1984 Tigers and 1990 Reds.
• This was only the fourth World Series game since 1950 that was scoreless through the first seven innings. The others were Game 6 in 1956 (Brooklyn beat the Yankees, 1-0, in 10 innings), Game Six in 1985 (Kansas City beat St. Louis, 2-1) and Game 7 in 1991 (Minnesota beat Atlanta, 1-0, in 10 innings).
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Pacers clutch late, even series against Heat
- Report: Rogers, openly gay, to join Galaxy
- Mauer only Twin with hit off Tigers' Sanchez
- Penguins thwart Sens to advance to East finals