Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• The 2005 White Sox are the fifth team to win the World Series after occupying first place from "wire-to-wire" during the regular season. They join the 1927 Yankees, 1955 Dodgers, 1984 Tigers and 1990 Reds.
• This was only the fourth World Series game since 1950 that was scoreless through the first seven innings. The others were Game 6 in 1956 (Brooklyn beat the Yankees, 1-0, in 10 innings), Game Six in 1985 (Kansas City beat St. Louis, 2-1) and Game 7 in 1991 (Minnesota beat Atlanta, 1-0, in 10 innings).
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
- Sources: Clips star Griffin has back fracture
- Bulls' Rose: Confidence 'through the roof'
- Jordan rules: 'Cool' with No. 23 for LeBron