Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
- A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports:World Series Game 3
• Geoff Blum's home run was the first extra-inning game-winning home run by a visiting player in the World Series since Tim McCarver of the Cardinals hit a three-run, 10th-inning homer to defeat the Yankees in Game 5 of the 1964 Series. (The home team had won 17 of the previous 19 extra-inning World Series games.)
Since the save rule became an official statistic in 1969, Mark Buehrle is the fourth pitcher to start and save games in the same World Series. The others were Jack Billingham for the 1972 Reds, Vida Blue for the A's in 1972, and Catfish Hunter for the 1974 A's.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Brooks: Durant could be scoring even more
- Mavericks extend Pacers' slide to 4 games
- Keselowski passes Dale Jr., wins Las Vegas
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM