Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• The Astros defeated the Cardinals, 4-1 on Thursday night, snapping their streak of six consecutive road losses in LCS play, dating back to 1986. Only three other teams lost six straight LCS road games: the Red Sox (1988-99), Cubs (1984-89), and Dodgers (1983-88).
When the NLCS continues at Minute Maid Park on Saturday, the Cardinals will take a shot at tying that same record. St. Louis has lost its last five LCS road games -- two in San Francisco in 2002, three in Houston last year.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- McCown has 5 TDs as Bears bully Cowboys
- Four QBs, two RBs named Heisman finalists
- Shanahan mulls sitting RG III for rest of '13
- Chicago icon Ditka gets Bears jersey retired