Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Reggie Sanders has driven in at least two runs in each of his last four games, setting a postseason record. The old record had been three consecutive multiple-RBI games, done 17 times by 17 players.
• The Cardinals scored their third run Wednesday on a squeeze bunt by Chris Carpenter. During the regular season the Cardinals had 14 successful squeeze bunts, five more than any other team in the major leagues. (Successful squeeze was defined as sacrifice bunt or bunt single that scored a run). Five of those squeeze bunts were pulled off by Cardinals pitchers (Jeff Suppan had two, Mark Mulder, Matt Morris and Chris Carpenter had one each).
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Eagles acquire Sproles for 5th-round pick
- Sources: Revis, Pats agree to 1-year deal
- Jets agree with WR Decker to bolster offense
- Kobe, Magic challenge Lakers' management