Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
Updated: October 10, 2005, 12:55 AM ETBy Elias Sports Bureau, Inc. | Special to ESPN Insider
- A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports:Major League Baseball
• The Astros trailed the Braves 6-1 going to the bottom of the eighth Sunday, and they became the first team in postseason history to overcome a deficit of more than four runs in a series-clinching victory. Houston eliminated Atlanta in four games in the NL Division Series, 7-6. • Chris Burke, who entered the game as a pinch-runner for Lance Berkman in the 10th inning, hit a walk-off home run in the 18th. The only other pinch-runner to hit a subsequent walk-off homer was Aaron Boone for the Yankees in Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Reports: Saints to release Sproles if no trade
- Source: Jackson 'ready to go back to work'
- Source: Vikings to re-sign Cassel for 2 years
- Sources: Lakers talk state of team after rout
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com