Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• For the first time in his 22-year major-league career, Roger Clemens on Friday night allowed at least five runs and at least five walks in the first three innings of a game.
• Atlanta led Washington 6-2 on Friday night before the Nationals rallied to win, 8-6. The Braves had won each of the last 76 games in which they took a lead of at least four runs, which was the longest current streak in the majors. That distinction now belongs to Washington; the Nationals' franchise has won the last 67 games in which it has gone ahead by four runs.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Cutler: 'Crossed my mind' Bears tenure over
- Kemp trade in limbo after arthritis diagnosis
- Sources: Celtics, Mavs talking Rondo trade
- Sources: Bears 'confused' by coach's discipline