Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• For the first time in his 22-year major-league career, Roger Clemens on Friday night allowed at least five runs and at least five walks in the first three innings of a game.
• Atlanta led Washington 6-2 on Friday night before the Nationals rallied to win, 8-6. The Braves had won each of the last 76 games in which they took a lead of at least four runs, which was the longest current streak in the majors. That distinction now belongs to Washington; the Nationals' franchise has won the last 67 games in which it has gone ahead by four runs.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Colts owner Irsay faces four felony counts
- Gators, No. 1s top poll heading into tourney
- Melo will do 'whatever' Phil says for title shot
- Lawsuit challenges NCAA amateur model