Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Dontrelle Willis joined the 20/20 club Wednesday -- 20 wins and 20 hits. Only two other players in the last 15 years have done both in one season: Mike Hampton for the 1999 Astros (22 wins, 23 hits) and Bill Swift for the 1993 Giants (21 of each).
Willis, at the age of 23 years, 238 days, is the youngest 20-game winner since Ramon Martinez in 1990 (22/193 when he won his 20th) and is the youngest left-hander to reach the mark since Vida Blue in 1971 (22/10).
• The Marlins' other young All-Star, Miguel Cabrera, drove in his 100th run of the season Wednesday. Cabrera, now 22 years and four months old, had 112 RBI last year, and is the fourth-youngest player to have consecutive 100-RBI seasons, behind Mel Ott and Al Kaline (each did it before turning 22) and Ted Williams (just after his 22nd birthday).
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- It's official: Celtics ship Rondo to Mavericks
- Cutler: 'Crossed my mind' Bears tenure over
- Sources: Kemp-to-Padres deal clears hurdles
- Carmelo sits, has been advised to rest more