Cheating is so 1999
A reporter spends a year searching for the athletic holy grail: a sports gene
Updated: October 8, 2009, 4:28 PM ETBy Shaun Assael | ESPN The Magazine
- Certain genes are linked to specific physical strengths like having a strong Achilles tendon (MMP3) or manufacturing the collagen that keeps ligaments and tendons like the ACL strong (COL1A1).
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- Tiger surges up Doral leaderboard with 66
- Source: Phil considers Knicks front-office job
- Ducks down No. 3 Arizona to win 7th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com