Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
- A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports:
• There were four walkoff wins in the major leagues Tuesday night, tying the most on any day this season. The most spectacular of that quartet was the Yankees' 14-13 win against Texas, a game that ended on a two-run home run by Jorge Posada. It marked the first time in major-league history that a team overcame a nine-run deficit and then won the game on a walkoff home run.
It was the first 14-13 final score in a regular-season game at Yankee Stadium in Major League Baseball or the NFL.
• Texas scored nine runs in the first two innings. It was only the fifth time in the history of Yankee Stadium that the visitors scored nine-or-more runs against the Yankees in the first two innings. The White Sox set the record by scoring 12 times in the first two innings on June 18, 2000. Three other teams had nine runs through two frames: the 1987 Red Sox, 1978 Indians and 1949 White Sox. (New York overcame that nine-run deficit to beat Boston, 12-11, on June 26, 1987.)
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Spurs breeze past Heat with Duncan in form
- LeBron says sleeved jersey partly to blame
- Manziel inks endorsement contract with Nike
- Report: Sharper admitted sex not consensual
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM