Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Dwyane Wade scored 15 points over the final five minutes of Friday's game, making him the first player to score that many points over the last five minutes since Paul Pierce had 18 points over the last five in a 103-100 Celtics' win over the Pacers on April 19, 2003.
Wade made all 11 of his free throw attempts in the fourth quarter, the most makes without a miss in any quarter of a playoff game since Pierce went 11-for-11 in the fourth quarter of the aforementioned game.
• Vince Carter, who scored 43 points, has scored at least 20 points in all 13 of his playoff games for the Nets. The only other player in NBA history to score at least 20 points in his first 13 playoff games for a team is Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, who did it for both his teams: he had 20-plus in his first 27 playoff games for the Bucks (1970-72) and 20-plus in his first 40 playoff games for the Lakers (1977-81).
Three players had 12-game streaks: Adrian Dantley for the Jazz (1984-85), George Gervin for the Spurs (1977-79) and Tracy McGrady for the Magic (2001-03).
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- It's official: Celtics ship Rondo to Mavericks
- Durant sprains ankle in career-best first half
- Cutler: 'Crossed my mind' Bears tenure over
- Sources: Stephenson talks fizzle for Hornets