Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Steve Finley, 41, tripled with the bases loaded in the fourth inning of the Giants' win over the Cubs. He leads the major leagues with seven triples this season. That's already the most triples in a season for a player age 40-or-older since 1932, when the Senators' Sam Rice had seven (at age 42). The record for triples in a season by a 40-or-older player is 17 by Honus Wagner in 1915.
• The Giants scored five runs in the first inning on the way to a 9-3 victory. It was the sixth time this season that San Francisco scored at least five runs in an inning, the highest such total for any team in the National League.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Hibbert: Should have pushed to be on floor
- Report: NFL calls for immediate HGH testing
- Grizzlies' Allen fined $5,000 for flop in Game 2
- Pack's Rodgers: Urlacher favorite opponent