Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Steve Finley, 41, tripled with the bases loaded in the fourth inning of the Giants' win over the Cubs. He leads the major leagues with seven triples this season. That's already the most triples in a season for a player age 40-or-older since 1932, when the Senators' Sam Rice had seven (at age 42). The record for triples in a season by a 40-or-older player is 17 by Honus Wagner in 1915.
• The Giants scored five runs in the first inning on the way to a 9-3 victory. It was the sixth time this season that San Francisco scored at least five runs in an inning, the highest such total for any team in the National League.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Lakers' Nash out for season with back injury
- Broncos top Chargers as Sanders grabs 3 TDs
- Cutler: Marshall's theatrics understandable
- Urlacher: Cutler an elite QB in salary only