Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• The Clippers won at Phoenix, 122-97, out-rebounding the Suns, 57-26. Only one other team in the history of the NBA playoffs won a road game by 25-or-more points while recording 25-or-more rebounds than its opponent. On March 28, 1968, the Celtics won at Detroit, 135-110, while out-rebounding the Pistons, 70-37. John Havlicek was the leading scorer in that game (35 points) and player-coach Bill Russell had the most rebounds (21).
• The Heat took a huge lead in the first quarter and coasted to a win against the Nets. Miami became the first NBA team in four years to take a lead of 20-or-more points in the first quarter. The last team to do that went on to lose the game! On May 26, 2002, Sacramento led the Lakers by 20 points in the first quarter, but lost the game, 100-99.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Belichick says Patriots 'followed every rule'
- NFL warns Seahawks about Lynch gesture
- Kiffin to remain Bama OC, won't jump to NFL
- Waiters: Not scapegoat for Cavs' early issues