Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• The Pistons won their series opener against the Cavaliers, 113-86. Over the last 21 playoff years (1986 to 2006), 13 other teams won the first game of a best-of-seven series by at least 25 points, and all of them went on to win the series (three by sweeps). No team has lost a series under those circumstances since the 1985 Finals, when the Celtics were defeated by the Lakers in six games after winning the opener by 34 points (148-114 at Boston).
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
- Sources: Clippers' Griffin has back fracture
- Bulls' Rose: Confidence 'through the roof'
- Jordan rules: 'Cool' with No. 23 for LeBron