Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• The Pistons won their series opener against the Cavaliers, 113-86. Over the last 21 playoff years (1986 to 2006), 13 other teams won the first game of a best-of-seven series by at least 25 points, and all of them went on to win the series (three by sweeps). No team has lost a series under those circumstances since the 1985 Finals, when the Celtics were defeated by the Lakers in six games after winning the opener by 34 points (148-114 at Boston).
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Sources: KC gives Charles 2-year extension
- Stoops bashes Saban's 'consolation' remark
- Rangers trade Soria to Tigers for prospects
- Shelly Sterling seeks appeal-proof ruling