Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• The Pistons won their series opener against the Cavaliers, 113-86. Over the last 21 playoff years (1986 to 2006), 13 other teams won the first game of a best-of-seven series by at least 25 points, and all of them went on to win the series (three by sweeps). No team has lost a series under those circumstances since the 1985 Finals, when the Celtics were defeated by the Lakers in six games after winning the opener by 34 points (148-114 at Boston).
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Hall, Sherman exchange barbs via Twitter
- Lions retain Pettigrew with 4-year contract
- Redskins sign Hatcher away from Cowboys
- Thunder fire back to rout Lakers in rematch
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Miami Heat LeBron James #6 Black on Black Gametime T-Shirt