Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• The White Sox improved to 18-7 with their win Monday. Since 1940, only one other defending champion won at least 18 of its first 25 games: the 1990 A's started 19-6 en route to their third consecutive World Series appearance.
• The Royals fell to 0-10 on road this season after their loss in Detroit on Monday. In the past 70 years, only four other major-league teams have lost their first 10 road games of a season: the 2003 Tigers (10), 1988 Orioles (13), 1969 Astros (13) and 1960 Cardinals (12).
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Hawks' rally halts Blazers, extends streak
- Tiger has career-worst 82, misses cut
- Chancellor probable after late-practice injury
- LeBron return sparks Cavs to 9th win in row