Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• The White Sox improved to 18-7 with their win Monday. Since 1940, only one other defending champion won at least 18 of its first 25 games: the 1990 A's started 19-6 en route to their third consecutive World Series appearance.
• The Royals fell to 0-10 on road this season after their loss in Detroit on Monday. In the past 70 years, only four other major-league teams have lost their first 10 road games of a season: the 2003 Tigers (10), 1988 Orioles (13), 1969 Astros (13) and 1960 Cardinals (12).
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Winston ruled to have not violated FSU code
- Romo-led Cowboys stomp Colts, claim berth
- Patriots escape Jets to pick up 1st-round bye
- Cavs tame Grizzlies as Waiters steps up late