Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• The Tigers outscored the Twins by 32 runs over the weekend, sweeping their three-game series at Comerica Park by scores of 9-0, 18-1 and 6-0. The last three-game series in which any major league team outscored its opponent by more than 32 runs was in April 1993, and it too was a Tigers' sweep of the Twins, by scores of 12-4, 17-1 and 16-5 at Tiger Stadium (a 35-run margin).
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- LeBron says Jordan's scouting report wrong
- Pacers' Hibbert accuses Battier of 'dirty' play
- Jays' Happ ready to start throwing outdoors
- LeBron unanimous, Kobe on All-NBA first team