Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• The Tigers outscored the Twins by 32 runs over the weekend, sweeping their three-game series at Comerica Park by scores of 9-0, 18-1 and 6-0. The last three-game series in which any major league team outscored its opponent by more than 32 runs was in April 1993, and it too was a Tigers' sweep of the Twins, by scores of 12-4, 17-1 and 16-5 at Tiger Stadium (a 35-run margin).
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Coach K says ACC bubble teams are better
- Melo: Knicks bringing in Phil a 'power move'
- Gerrard, Liverpool maul Man United
- Texans' Foster medically cleared to return