Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• The Tigers outscored the Twins by 32 runs over the weekend, sweeping their three-game series at Comerica Park by scores of 9-0, 18-1 and 6-0. The last three-game series in which any major league team outscored its opponent by more than 32 runs was in April 1993, and it too was a Tigers' sweep of the Twins, by scores of 12-4, 17-1 and 16-5 at Tiger Stadium (a 35-run margin).
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Blazers send Spurs to 2nd straight 3OT loss
- NFL or Michigan? Harbaugh said to be torn
- Thunder squeak past ice-cold Kobe, Lakers
- Rondo 'dying to get another ring' with Mavs