Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Within the first 20 picks of Saturday's NFL draft, the Lions selected linebacker Ernie Sims, the Browns chose defensive end Kamerion Wimbley, the Eagles took defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley, and the Chargers went for cornerback Antonio Cromartie -- all from Florida State University. It was the first time in the 40 drafts since the NFL and rival AFL announced their merger that four players from the same side of the ball had been chosen from one school within the first 20 picks of the first round.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Sources: Texas' Brown poised to step down
- Pacers shake early deficit to turn down Heat
- Trumbo heads to D-backs in 3-team trade
- Source: Packers pessimistic Rodgers will play