Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Albert Pujols became the first player to reach 10 home runs this season, doing it in the Cardinals' 14th game. Only one player in MLB history reached 10 home runs in fewer games than Pujols: Mike Schmidt hit his 10th homer -- and his 11th -- in the Phillies' 12th game in 1976. Pujols tied Luis Gonzalez (2001 Diamondbacks) for second fastest.
• The Yankees scored four runs for Randy Johnson in the top of the first at Rogers Centre Tuesday night. But the Blue Jays scored seven runs off Johnson, who took the loss in Toronto's 10-5 victory. It was Johnson's first loss in 160 career starts in which he was given a lead of four or more runs. He has 145 wins and 14 no-decisions in those games.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Ray Rice wins appeal, can sign with any team
- Source: Athletics trade Donaldson to Toronto
- Janay Rice: 'Never ... have I seen abuse'
- Mizzou rallies past Hogs for SEC East crown