Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• No Dominik Hasek? No problem. With Hasek sidelined with a groin injury suffered at the Olympics, Senators goaltender Ray Emery has stepped in and tied an all-time NHL record for wins in a month. Thursday's victory over the Rangers was Emery's 12th during March, tying the record set by Bernie Parent of the Flyers in March 1974.
• With their victory, the Senators avoided their first three-game winless streak of the season. Ottawa had lost to the Flyers on Sunday (6-3) and the Devils on Tuesday (3-2 in a shootout). Over the last 10 years, the only team not to suffer a winless streak of three or more games over an entire season is the 2000-2001 Red Wings.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Seahawks stifle Cardinals, stay in West race
- Report: Boston, Ramirez finalizing $90M deal
- Cowboys rally from 11 down to stop Giants
- Brady, Pats keep rolling, stretch streak to 7