Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• The Celtics (29-42) played the Knicks (19-50) Wednesday night. The 92 combined losses for the two teams are the most ever in any Boston-New York game. The previous "record" was 83, set on April 21, 1996 (New York was 46-35, Boston was 33-48).
• The Knicks allowed 40 points in the first quarter to the Celtics. It was the first time in more than 10 years that the Knicks allowed that many first-quarter points (40 to Washington on Nov. 10, 1995) and the first time since April 10, 1987 that they did it in a game at Madison Square Garden (41 by Milwaukee).
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Winston, McCarron take home top awards
- Rivers, Chargers hand Broncos rare home loss
- Three men stabbed in Broncos' parking lot
- McCarron: Saban said he's staying at Bama