Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• The Celtics (29-42) played the Knicks (19-50) Wednesday night. The 92 combined losses for the two teams are the most ever in any Boston-New York game. The previous "record" was 83, set on April 21, 1996 (New York was 46-35, Boston was 33-48).
• The Knicks allowed 40 points in the first quarter to the Celtics. It was the first time in more than 10 years that the Knicks allowed that many first-quarter points (40 to Washington on Nov. 10, 1995) and the first time since April 10, 1987 that they did it in a game at Madison Square Garden (41 by Milwaukee).
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
- NBPA elects 1st big league female union chief
- Sources: Clippers' Griffin has back fracture
- NCAA settles concussion suit with $70M fund