Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Villanova made only 21 of 60 (60 percent) field-goal attempts Friday but still defeated Boston College. Nova made only 16 of 52 (30.8 percent) of its shots in its first-round win over Monmouth. The last team to win two games in one tournament, shooting 35 percent or worse in each win, was Oregon State in 1962.
• Villanova defeated Boston College in overtime , 60-59. That tied the lowest score for the winning team in an overtime NCAA Tournament game since the shot clock was instituted in 1986. Vermont defeated Syracuse last year, 60-57, and Virginia beat Miami (Ohio) in 1995, 60-54.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Sources: Bills game could move to another city
- Blount returns to Patriots on new deal
- Union appeals NFL's 'unlawful' Peterson ban
- Brown: UNC scandal could hurt Smith legacy