Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Miami's acquisition of Daunte Culpepper should, at the very least, significantly improve one passing category. Last season, the Dolphins had a team completion percentage of 52.3, the lowest for any team in the league. Culpepper's career completion percentage is 64.4, the highest in NFL history among the 95 quarterbacks who have thrown at least 2,500 passes.
• Over the last two seasons combined, Drew Brees has won 20 games as a starter and posted a 96.1 passer rating. The Saints are the first team in NFL history to acquire a quarterback who won 20-plus games and posted a 90-plus rating over the previous two seasons.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Source: Bears to start Clausen over Cutler
- Chryst returns to Wisconsin as head coach
- 49ers' Harbaugh 'considering' Michigan job
- Streaking Hawks, Cavs clash in Cleveland