Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Miami's acquisition of Daunte Culpepper should, at the very least, significantly improve one passing category. Last season, the Dolphins had a team completion percentage of 52.3, the lowest for any team in the league. Culpepper's career completion percentage is 64.4, the highest in NFL history among the 95 quarterbacks who have thrown at least 2,500 passes.
• Over the last two seasons combined, Drew Brees has won 20 games as a starter and posted a 96.1 passer rating. The Saints are the first team in NFL history to acquire a quarterback who won 20-plus games and posted a 90-plus rating over the previous two seasons.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- A's trade Donaldson to Toronto for Lawrie
- Ray Rice wins appeal, can sign with any team
- Janay Rice: 'Never ... have I seen abuse'
- Westbrook boosts Thunder with 32 in return