Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Miami's acquisition of Daunte Culpepper should, at the very least, significantly improve one passing category. Last season, the Dolphins had a team completion percentage of 52.3, the lowest for any team in the league. Culpepper's career completion percentage is 64.4, the highest in NFL history among the 95 quarterbacks who have thrown at least 2,500 passes.
• Over the last two seasons combined, Drew Brees has won 20 games as a starter and posted a 96.1 passer rating. The Saints are the first team in NFL history to acquire a quarterback who won 20-plus games and posted a 90-plus rating over the previous two seasons.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Michigan St. topples Ohio St. to win Big Ten
- Winston stars as No. 1 Noles rough up Duke
- Auburn tops Mizzou in shootout, wins SEC title
- Baylor rolls UT for Big 12 crown, Fiesta trip