Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
- A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports:NFL
• Yes, Arizona football fans, it's true: the Cardinals have signed Edgerrin James to a four-year contract. In seven seasons with the Colts, James averaged 125.7 yards from scrimmage per game -- that's rushing and receiving combined -- the highest such average by any player in NFL history, ahead of Jim Brown (125.5) and LaDainian Tomlinson (123.5).Baseball
• The United States fell behind Japan 3-0 early in a second-round World Baseball Classic game Sunday, but home runs by Chipper Jones and Derrek Lee and Alex Rodriguez's game-winning hit -- along with a controversial call by home plate umpire Bob Davidson -- led to a 4-3 victory.
It was the first time in WBC play that a team has come back to win a game after having trailed by as many as three runs.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Harvard snags 1st spot in NCAA tourney field
- Rockets turn on burners in 3rd, rout Pacers
- Reports: Saints to release Sproles if no trade
- Source: Jackson 'ready to go back to work'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM