Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Shawn Marion out-rebounded Kevin Garnett 16-10 in the Suns' 110-102 victory over the Timberwolves on Saturday, and in the process he took over the NBA's rebounding lead for the first time since yielding it to Marcus Camby on Nov. 13.
Marion boosted his average to 12.38 rebounds per game, while Garnett's average fell to 12.29 per game. Marion has 122 rebounds in his last eight games, an average of more than 15 per game.
• The Timberwolves led the Suns 54-42 late in the second quarter Saturday night before Phoenix roared back to win. It marked the 12th game this season that the Suns had won after overcoming a double-digit deficit -- the most wins of that type by any NBA team this season and one more win of that type than Phoenix had all of last season.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- It's official: Celtics ship Rondo to Mavericks
- Durant sprains ankle in career-best first half
- Cutler: 'Crossed my mind' Bears tenure over
- Sources: Stephenson talks fizzle for Hornets