Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Duke's 80-76 victory over Miami on Friday raised the Blue Devils' record in the ACC tournament to 41-16 since Mike Krzyzewski became head coach in 1981. That's the best record by any school in the ACC tournament during that time. In fact, only one other school has managed a winning record: North Carolina (42-18).
• Wake Forest had only three conference wins during the season but advanced to the semifinals of the ACC tournament Friday with an 82-71 victory over North Carolina State. The last ACC team to reach the semis after winning as few as three conference games was Maryland in 1989 (1-13 in the conference).
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Florida, Zona, Wichita, UVa get No. 1 seeds
- Brown, SMU snubbed by NCAA tournament
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke to reign in ACC
- Florida holds off Kentucky to win SEC crown