Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Duke's 80-76 victory over Miami on Friday raised the Blue Devils' record in the ACC tournament to 41-16 since Mike Krzyzewski became head coach in 1981. That's the best record by any school in the ACC tournament during that time. In fact, only one other school has managed a winning record: North Carolina (42-18).
• Wake Forest had only three conference wins during the season but advanced to the semifinals of the ACC tournament Friday with an 82-71 victory over North Carolina State. The last ACC team to reach the semis after winning as few as three conference games was Maryland in 1989 (1-13 in the conference).
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Heat edge Spurs in OT, force deciding Game 7
- Sources: Clips walk away from Celts deal
- Altidore pushes U.S. near Cup berth
- Report: Hernandez questioned on homicide