Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Miami extended its winning streak to 10 games with a 118-112 victory over Washington. It's the ninth time in Pat Riley's career that he's coached a team to 10 straight wins (within a single season), tying Red Auerbach and Billy Cunningham for the second most in NBA history, behind "Big Chief Triangle" Phil Jackson (14).
Antawn Jamison missed two free throws with 14.2 seconds remaining and the Wizards trailing by one point. The only other player to miss a pair of potential game-tying free throws in the final 20 seconds of an NBA game this season is Cleveland's Anderson Varejao (March 2 vs. Chicago).
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Four QBs, two RBs named Heisman finalists
- Shanahan mulls sitting RG III for rest of '13
- Gronk on IR; torn ACL, MCL, source says
- Halladay retires after 1-day Blue Jays deal