Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
Updated: March 6, 2006, 6:51 AM ETBy Elias Sports Bureau, Inc. | Special to ESPN Insider
- A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports:NBA
• The Sonics defeated the Jazz 113-81 Sunday night, outscoring Utah by at least six points in all four quarters. It was 20 years to the day that the Jazz were last outscored by six or more points in all four quarters. It was so long ago, in fact, that the last time it happened, Karl Malone was a rookie (four points in 17 minutes), John Stockton was a second-year sub, and Jerry Sloan -- who has the longest tenure of any head coach or manager in any major North American team sport (17-plus years) -- was not yet Utah's coach. That would have been Frank Layden. • All five Sonics starters shot at least 50 percent from the field for the first time since a 118-113 win over the Grizzlies on Nov. 14, 2004.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Brooks: Durant could be scoring even more
- Noah, Augustin lead Bulls over Heat in OT
- Keselowski passes Dale Jr., wins Las Vegas
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com