Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• There were only two NBA games on Thursday and each was a blowout. Chicago beat Philadelphia, 117-84, and Phoenix beat Houston, 109-75. It's the first day since Nov. 22, 2002, on which more than one NBA game was decided by 33-plus points. In the previous instance, Indiana beat Orlando by 36 and New Jersey beat Cleveland by 41.
• Phoenix took a 47-point lead over Houston before winning, 109-75. That 47-point advantage was the largest for any NBA team since Jan. 9, 2004, when the Lakers had a 53-point lead against Atlanta.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Pacers clutch late, even series against Heat
- Report: Rogers, openly gay, to join Galaxy
- Mauer only Twin with hit off Tigers' Sanchez
- Penguins thwart Sens to advance to East finals