Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
- A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports:NBA
• There were only two NBA games on Thursday and each was a blowout. Chicago beat Philadelphia, 117-84, and Phoenix beat Houston, 109-75. It's the first day since Nov. 22, 2002, on which more than one NBA game was decided by 33-plus points. In the previous instance, Indiana beat Orlando by 36 and New Jersey beat Cleveland by 41.
• Phoenix took a 47-point lead over Houston before winning, 109-75. That 47-point advantage was the largest for any NBA team since Jan. 9, 2004, when the Lakers had a 53-point lead against Atlanta.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Harvard snags 1st spot in NCAA tourney field
- Rockets turn on burners in 3rd, rout Pacers
- Reports: Saints to release Sproles if no trade
- Source: Jackson 'ready to go back to work'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM