Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• The Pistons defeated the Nets 85-71 on Tuesday night -- their final game before the All-Star break -- with the same starting lineup that they used in their 50 previous games this season: Ben Wallace, Tayshaun Prince, Rasheed Wallace, Chauncey Billups, and Richard Hamilton. Only two other teams since the NBA-ABA merger in 1976 used the same starting lineup in every game up to the All-Star break:
* 1985-1986 Rockets -- Hakeem Olajuwon, Rodney McCray, Ralph Sampson, Lewis Lloyd, and John Lucas.
• The Pistons reached the All-Star break with a record of 42-9 (.824), giving them the highest "first-half" winning percentage in the NBA since 1997, when the Bulls posted a 42-6 mark prior to the All-Star Game (.875).
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Falcons WR Jones to play against Saints
- Sources: QB Rivers playing with bulging disk
- Chargers FG caps 2nd-half rally over 49ers
- Shanahan: RG III, Cutler can be franchise QBs