Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
Updated: February 14, 2006, 1:53 AM ETBy Elias Sports Bureau, Inc. | Special to ESPN Insider
- A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports:NBA
• LeBron James scored 44 points Monday against the Spurs, tying for the second-highest total against San Antonio since Gregg Popovich became their head coach during the 1996-97 season. Six years and one day ago, Allen Iverson scored 46 in a 98-94 Spurs victory. Two other players have scored 44 against the Popoviches: Kobe Bryant on Feb. 14, 2003 and Amare Stoudemire on March 9, 2005. • The Spurs were bidding to win for the seventh consecutive time on the road. The only team in NBA history to have a winning streak of that type and length was the 2002-03 Spurs, who won eight consecutive games all on the road.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Spurs breeze past Heat with Duncan in form
- LeBron says sleeved jersey partly to blame
- Manziel inks endorsement contract with Nike
- Report: Sharper admitted sex not consensual
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com