Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Chauncey Billups was credited with 14 assists in the Pistons' 84-73 victory at Orlando, including seven on field goals by his backcourt partner, Richard Hamilton. That raised to 171 the number of times that Billups has assisted on Hamilton field goals this season -- the highest such total for any pair of players in the league. • Elton Brand scored 44 points and made 17 of 26 field-goal attempts as the Clippers overcame an 11-point second-quarter deficit to defeat Memphis 91-87 in Los Angeles. Brand became the first Clippers player to score that many points and shoot that well in a game since World B. Free scored 45 points on 17 of 26 shooting on Nov. 7, 1979, playing for the San Diego Clippers at Phoenix.
Interestingly, the Clippers attempted only one three-point field goal in the game (James Singleton missed it at the first-quarter buzzer) -- the fewest three-point attempts by any NBA team in any game this season.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Heat edge Spurs in OT, force deciding Game 7
- Sources: Clips walk away from Celts deal
- Altidore pushes U.S. near Cup berth
- Report: Hernandez questioned on homicide