Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
Updated: February 6, 2006, 1:43 AM ETBy Elias Sports Bureau, Inc. | Special to ESPN Insider
- A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports:Super Bowl XL
• Following the Steelers' 21-10 victory over the Seahawks in Super Bowl XL, Jerome Bettis said, "I think the Bus' last stop is here in Detroit. It's official, like the referee's whistle." That sounds like a retirement to us, so if Bettis is eventually elected to the Hall of Fame, he would join only three other Hall of Famers who concluded their NFL careers with a Super Bowl victory: John Elway (1999), Ted Hendricks (1984) and Mel Renfro (1978). • The Steelers were only the third team to win a Super Bowl despite committing more turnovers than its opponent (2-1). The others were the Steelers over the Rams in Super Bowl XIV (1979 season) and the Colts over the Cowboys in Super Bowl V (1970 season).
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Brooks: Durant could be scoring even more
- Mavericks extend Pacers' slide to 4 games
- Keselowski passes Dale Jr., wins Las Vegas
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com