Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• The Knicks acquired Jalen Rose from the Raptors on Friday. Rose's scoring average this season (12.1) is 6.3 points lower than his scoring average last season (18.5). Among NBA players who appeared in at least 40 games in each of the last two seasons, only two have had a larger decrease in scoring average from 2004-05 to 2005-06: Antoine Walker (down 7.1, 19.1 to 12.0) and Desmond Mason (down 7.1, 17.2 to 10.1).
• Rose did not play in the Knicks' 104-90 loss to the Raptors. When he does play, he'll become the 39th player to appear in a game for New York since Isiah Thomas was named the team's president of basketball operations on Dec. 22, 2003. The Knicks are tied with the Magic for the third most players in the NBA over that span, behind the Hawks (48) and Rockets (41).
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Sources: Clips walk away from Celts deal
- Bosh: Spurs' Green 'won't be open tonight'
- Johnson: 'I've learned my lesson' from jail
- San Jose sues MLB over vote on A's move