Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• LeBron James registered his third triple-double of the season and the seventh of his career in Cleveland's victory over the Nets. The first triple-double of LeBron's career was just over a year ago (Jan. 19, 2005). Since then, the only other NBA player with more than three such games is Jason Kidd (nine).
• The Pistons got back on the winning track against the Timberwolves after losing in New Jersey the previous night. Detroit has yet to lose consecutive games this season, and is guaranteed to have that status through its first 44 games. No team has gone further than 44 games into a season before suffering its first two-game losing streak since Phoenix played 51 games in 1994-95 before losing two in a row.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Tigers get Price in 3-way deal with Rays, M's
- Kershaw throws CG, extends win streak to 10
- Seahawks' Lynch at camp after ending holdout
- 49ers, Harbaugh table contract talks for now