Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Dwight Howard grabbed 21 rebounds in the Magic's 104-93 win over the Bobcats on Friday night. It was the fifth 20-rebound game of Howard's two-year NBA career. The only player with more 20-rebound games than Howard during that time is Kevin Garnett (six). Howard is the first NBA player with as many as five 20-rebound games over his first two seasons since Popeye Jones (1993-1995).
• Wally Szczerbiak scored 20 points in the Timberwolves' 90-85 win over the Pacers. It was the 18th time in Szczerbiak's last 20 games that he reached the 20-point mark, including a 10-game streak and his current seven-game streak. Prior to that, he had never scored 20 or more points in more than four straight NBA games.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Sources: Gordon faults second-hand smoke
- Sources: Clippers' Griffin has back fracture
- NCAA settles concussion suit with $70M fund
- GM admits RG III played too early in 2013