Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Dwight Howard grabbed 21 rebounds in the Magic's 104-93 win over the Bobcats on Friday night. It was the fifth 20-rebound game of Howard's two-year NBA career. The only player with more 20-rebound games than Howard during that time is Kevin Garnett (six). Howard is the first NBA player with as many as five 20-rebound games over his first two seasons since Popeye Jones (1993-1995).
• Wally Szczerbiak scored 20 points in the Timberwolves' 90-85 win over the Pacers. It was the 18th time in Szczerbiak's last 20 games that he reached the 20-point mark, including a 10-game streak and his current seven-game streak. Prior to that, he had never scored 20 or more points in more than four straight NBA games.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Bayern wins Champions League title
- Grizzlies' Hollins all for anti-flopping rules
- Rogers, openly gay, to join Galaxy
- Ky. Busch wins 7th N'wide race at Charlotte