Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• The Rockets' record without Tracy McGrady dropped to 0-10 this season with their loss to Sacramento. NBA players who are averaging at least 25 points this season have missed a total 16 games with their teams combining for a 1-15 mark without them. The only victory under those circumstances was on Dec. 13, by Washington, without Gilbert Arenas. The Lakers are 0-2 without Kobe Bryant this season; Miami, New Jersey and Denver are each 0-1 without Dwyane Wade, Vince Carter and Carmelo Anthony, respectively.
• We should all stick to our New Year's resolutions the way the Knicks have. New York was 7-21 through Dec. 31, but is 5-0 during January to become the first team in NBA history to begin a calendar year with a five-game winning streak after being more than seven games under .500 through the end of December.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Irving torches Blazers for 55, clutch 3 in win
- Grant, Notre Dame outduel Okafor, Duke
- Mavs' Parsons: Harden is MVP at this point
- Serena, Sharapova advance to Aussie final