Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• The Rockets' record without Tracy McGrady dropped to 0-10 this season with their loss to Sacramento. NBA players who are averaging at least 25 points this season have missed a total 16 games with their teams combining for a 1-15 mark without them. The only victory under those circumstances was on Dec. 13, by Washington, without Gilbert Arenas. The Lakers are 0-2 without Kobe Bryant this season; Miami, New Jersey and Denver are each 0-1 without Dwyane Wade, Vince Carter and Carmelo Anthony, respectively.
• We should all stick to our New Year's resolutions the way the Knicks have. New York was 7-21 through Dec. 31, but is 5-0 during January to become the first team in NBA history to begin a calendar year with a five-game winning streak after being more than seven games under .500 through the end of December.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Winston not charged in sexual assault case
- Mandela, 95, dies; brokered '10 World Cup
- Sources: Cano in Seattle for talks with M's
- Knicks end 9-game skid, drop Nets to 5-14