Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Phoenix lost in triple overtime at Denver on Tuesday night after losing in triple OT to the Knicks on Jan. 2. Only two other NBA teams in the last 50 years played two games with at least three overtimes in the same season: the 1997-98 Suns and the 1958-59 Cincinnati Royals.
• Mike Miller had 21 points 10 rebounds and 10 assists, ending the Grizzlies' streak of 452 games without a player recording a triple-double (since Mike Bibby had one on April 2, 2000). That was the second-longest current drought in the league. Utah has gone 527 straight games without a triple-double from a player, since Karl Malone did it on May 4, 1999.
• Miller is the third NBA player in the last 10 years to record a triple-double in a game that he did not start. Shawn Bradley did it for Dallas on April 7, 1998 as did Magic Johnson for the Lakers on Feb. 14, 1996.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Winston not charged in sexual assault case
- Pinkel quashes rumors, 'staying at Missouri'
- Bulls' Rose won't rule out a playoff return
- Brewers deal Aoki to Royals; Braun to RF?