Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• LeBron James scored 32 points, collected 11 rebounds and handed out 11 assists as the Cavaliers defeated Milwaukee on Wednesday. The last three triple-doubles in which the player scored at least 30 points (dating back to last season) have all been recorded by King James, including the only two such performances in the NBA this season. Among active players, only Jason Kidd (five) and Antoine Walker (four) have more 30-point triple-doubles than James.
The last player to record at least 32 points, 11 rebounds and 11 assists in a game was Kobe Bryant (33-14-12) in an overtime victory against Portland on Nov. 3, 2002. Who was the last to do it in a regulation game? It was Bryant (33-15-12), two nights earlier, in a "road" win against the Clippers.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- It's official: Celtics ship Rondo to Mavericks
- Durant sprains ankle in career-best first half
- Cutler: 'Crossed my mind' Bears tenure over
- FIFA won't reopen 2018, 2022 Cup votes