Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
- A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports:NBA
• Andrei Kirilenko's do-it-all statistical line on Tuesday night: 14 points, nine assists, eight rebounds, seven blocks and six steals. Since 1973, when the NBA first began officially recording steals and blocked shots, only one other player had at least a six in each of those five categories: On March 10, 1987, Houston's Hakeem Olajuwon did it when he played 53 minutes in a double-overtime game against Seattle. Olajuwon had 38 points, 17 rebounds, 12 blocks, seven steals and six assists in that game. (Kirilenko played 42 minutes on Tuesday night.)
• Bob Weiss, in his first season as Seattle's head coach, was fired just 30 games into the season. In the last 20 years, only one other man lasted 30-or-fewer games from the start of the season in his first year as head coach of the team: Jerry Tarkanian was fired by San Antonio 20 games into the 1992-93 season.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- Tiger surges up Doral leaderboard with 66
- Source: Phil considers Knicks front-office job
- Alvarez dispatches Angulo with TKO in 10th
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM