Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Andrei Kirilenko's do-it-all statistical line on Tuesday night: 14 points, nine assists, eight rebounds, seven blocks and six steals. Since 1973, when the NBA first began officially recording steals and blocked shots, only one other player had at least a six in each of those five categories: On March 10, 1987, Houston's Hakeem Olajuwon did it when he played 53 minutes in a double-overtime game against Seattle. Olajuwon had 38 points, 17 rebounds, 12 blocks, seven steals and six assists in that game. (Kirilenko played 42 minutes on Tuesday night.)
• Bob Weiss, in his first season as Seattle's head coach, was fired just 30 games into the season. In the last 20 years, only one other man lasted 30-or-fewer games from the start of the season in his first year as head coach of the team: Jerry Tarkanian was fired by San Antonio 20 games into the 1992-93 season.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Patriots escape Jets to pick up 1st-round bye
- Falcons eliminate Saints, stay in South hunt
- Rodgers, Pack rebound to clinch playoff spot
- Manziel (hamstring) exits game vs. Panthers