Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
Updated: January 2, 2006, 1:02 AM ETBy Elias Sports Bureau, Inc. | Special to ESPN Insider
- A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports:NFL
• A follow-up to Saturday night's Giants-Raiders game: Tiki Barber and Plaxico Burress were only the fifth teammates in NFL history to record touchdowns of 75 yards or more on rushing and passing plays, respectively, in the same game. The last to do so were Bo Jackson and Willie Gault of the Raiders in 1989. Other teammates were Mike Garrett and Otis Taylor (1966 Chiefs), Dan Towler and "Crazy Legs" Hirsch (1951 Rams), and Andy Uram and Don Hutson (1939 Packers). • The Giants will be making their 27th appearance in NFL postseason play, tying the Cowboys and Rams for the highest total in league history.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Brooks: Durant could be scoring even more
- Mavericks extend Pacers' slide to 4 games
- Keselowski passes Dale Jr., wins Las Vegas
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com