Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• The Cavaliers built a 20-point lead in their 97-84 victory over the Pistons. It was only the second time this season that Detroit trailed by as many as 20 points during any game; on Nov. 19, the Pistons suffered a 37-point defeat in Dallas (119-82), their largest deficit in any game.
• LeBron James scored 30 points on Saturday. It was the third straight game in which a player scored at least 30 points against Detroit; Chris Bosh had 37 vs. the Pistons on Tuesday and Dwyane Wade collected 33 on Friday. It marked only the second time in the last 15 years that Detroit allowed opposing players to score at least 30 points in three consecutive games. The only other time it happened over that span was in April 1995, in games against Washington (Chris Webber, 30), Orlando (Shaquille O'Neal, 40; Dennis Scott, 30) and Orlando, again (O'Neal, 31).
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Memphis clips BYU in 2OT win capped by brawl
- Lions' Raiola suspended 1 game for stomp
- Manziel ruled out; Browns add rookie Shaw
- Sources: Georgia OC to coach Colorado St.