Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
Updated: December 29, 2005, 1:28 AM ETBy Elias Sports Bureau, Inc. | Special to ESPN Insider
- A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports:NHL
• The Islanders surrendered four third-period goals in their 6-2 loss to the Rangers. It was the second straight game in which the Isles allowed four goals and scored none during the final period (also in Monday's 6-3 loss in Buffalo) and it marked only the seventh time in NHL history that a team was blanked 4-0 or worse during the third period of consecutive games. The last team to suffer such ignominy was Vancouver in November 1998. • Jaromir Jagr's first-period goal on Wednesday was his 50th against the Islanders, tying Mario Lemieux for the highest career total versus the Isles (two more than Mike Gartner).
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Spurs breeze past Heat with Duncan in form
- LeBron says sleeved jersey partly to blame
- Manziel inks endorsement contract with Nike
- Ex-girlfriend: Pistorius had gun 'all the time'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com