Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• The Patriots held the Jets to 171 total yards on Monday, the fourth consecutive game in which New England held its opponent to fewer than 200 yards. That's the longest streak of that kind for any NFL team since the 1977 Cowboys also held their opponents to fewer than 200 in four consecutive games.
• The Patriots ran 31 consecutive plays over the second and third quarters. In the last 10 years, the only other NFL team to run at least 30 straight scrimmage plays was the Colts in a 29-27 win over the Titans on Dec. 7, 2003. The Colts' spree was also 31 plays in a row.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Pacers clutch late, even series against Heat
- Report: Rogers, openly gay, to join Galaxy
- Mauer only Twin with hit off Tigers' Sanchez
- Penguins thwart Sens to advance to East finals