Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Mario Lemieux missed Thursday's game between the Penguins and the Wild after being treated for a rapid heartbeat. Since the start of the 1998-1999 season, Lemieux has played in as many as 20 consecutive games only twice (2000-2001 and 2002), and he hasn't played in 40 straight games since the 1980s.
• Ethan Moreau scored a pair of shorthanded goals in the Oilers' 3-2 win over the Flyers. Moreau became the first visiting player ever to score two SHGs in a game in Philadelphia. (The only player to do so in a home game against the Flyers was Mark Messier in Edmonton in 1990.)
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- McCown has 5 TDs as Bears bully Cowboys
- Four QBs, two RBs named Heisman finalists
- Shanahan mulls sitting RG III for rest of '13
- Chicago icon Ditka gets Bears jersey retired