Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Mario Lemieux missed Thursday's game between the Penguins and the Wild after being treated for a rapid heartbeat. Since the start of the 1998-1999 season, Lemieux has played in as many as 20 consecutive games only twice (2000-2001 and 2002), and he hasn't played in 40 straight games since the 1980s.
• Ethan Moreau scored a pair of shorthanded goals in the Oilers' 3-2 win over the Flyers. Moreau became the first visiting player ever to score two SHGs in a game in Philadelphia. (The only player to do so in a home game against the Flyers was Mark Messier in Edmonton in 1990.)
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Emotional Thomas, Torre headline HOF class
- Gordon passes Kahne for fifth Brickyard win
- LeBron to go back to No. 23 for Cavs return
- Dodgers best Peavy, Giants to cap off sweep