Elias Says ...
A daily glance inside the numbers from the world of sports.
• Mario Lemieux missed Thursday's game between the Penguins and the Wild after being treated for a rapid heartbeat. Since the start of the 1998-1999 season, Lemieux has played in as many as 20 consecutive games only twice (2000-2001 and 2002), and he hasn't played in 40 straight games since the 1980s.
• Ethan Moreau scored a pair of shorthanded goals in the Oilers' 3-2 win over the Flyers. Moreau became the first visiting player ever to score two SHGs in a game in Philadelphia. (The only player to do so in a home game against the Flyers was Mark Messier in Edmonton in 1990.)
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Serena Williams wins 6th Australian Open
- Robinson's heroics help Pitt topple No. 8 ND
- Tiger tumbles out of top 50 in world ranking
- Vols defeat Auburn, spoil coach Pearl's return